• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 Ink usage report?

Tim Aucoin

Does anyone know if there is a way to check actual ink usage of each color on a job on the SP540V? I found the job log report, but it doesn't list ink usage for the specific jobs. I have another printer here that gives ink usage in the log but am not familiar enough yet with the Roland to know. It is really helpful in finding actual ink costs. Sorry if this is a "rookie" question!! :banghead:

The Roland printer itself is not tracking ink usage on a job-by-job basis. There are utilitys that can tell how many shots the printheads have fired (CoPeck), but not for each job.

Some RIPs, including Onyx 6.5 or higher and Caldera (Flow +) have ink use calculators that work by each job, and the only other software product that offers prediceive ink and media calculation is PrintDoctor LFP.

Bob