• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540v Help diagnosing this print problem

Color Envy

Im not sure what this would be called, but it started all of a sudden and seems to come and go. Nozzle check seems fine. Any idea what would cause this? Its like its ghosting or something. But if you notice the last print of the rectangle image...it is skewed. The cut lines are also way off.

SP540 using Versaworks and Illustrator.
242396168_574404400543542_4920162717657701255_n.jpg
242394569_581663523252307_1601117606445614008_n.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As far as the nozzle check goes, it's not too bad. There's a few deflecting nozzles that will make things look a little fuzzy but not the way your print is printing. The fact that it's skewing like that means it's probably a dirty/damaged encoder strip or a bad sensor. Clean the strip with some alcohol and a lint free cloth. There's probably just some ink splatter or grease from the rail on there causing the sensor to misread. I usually will run the environmental match after cleaning as well.

Also, there's a little magenta in your yellow which means the cap top and/or the dampers are failing. It's probably time to change those parts out.,

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try running the environmental match. It's in the menu as ENV Match. It's an automatic calibration that reads the encoder and adjusts for anomalies.

Color Envy

Try running the environmental match. It's in the menu as ENV Match. It's an automatic calibration that reads the encoder and adjusts for anomalies.
I had to restart it after it threw 0110 and it doesnt get passed the initial startup. The carriage moves left about an inch and then goes back and then its like it times out or something and throws 0110 again. Is there something that I could have knocked loose?

Color Envy

Nevermind......The encoder strip wasnt properly seated behind the carriage lol. I did the env match and its printing the first run now. Looks good so far. Thanks!!