• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540v roland

Curran81

Hi having some print and cut issues print n cut is perfect but if I remove a laminate with register marks it's out about 5mm I'm being told there a different setup for this. Any help greatly appreciated

MrDav3C

From memory, Print & cut adjustment in the printer menu is what we used to improve cutting accuracy. It could be that your blade isn't moving freely enough through both the print media and laminate. I'd suggest speaking to Edward Mathias & Co, they are full of useful cutting advice and sell improved smart knifes that are supposedly much than OEM Blades and specifically designed for thicker, laminated graphics.

BetaCtz

Is it possible your media is slipping or too heavy in one of those scenarios, causing the feed roller/wheels to act different in each scenario?
Seems odd.

citysignshop

Welllll, this may not be a lot of help, but my VS540 would print, laminate, read the registration marks, and cut pretty well for the first 5 years....then NOT!
I would run two sets of the identical job, ( just for ease of handling & laminating). I would put one back into the machine to cut, and it would read the reg marks, and cut pretty nicely. The second one, it would read the marks ( no errors or repositioning) and cut absolute garbage, like the job was 5 or 10mm wider! No amount of trouble-shooting would resolve something as random as this.
Is it a problem in Production Manager? the Optical sensor? Nothing would explain how it cut the first one perfectly, and the second not.
I've given up, and don't use it for print/lam/cut anymore.....you might have to resort to printing reg marks and cutting on another plotter with OPOS.

weyandsign

Could be worn out pinch rollers, worn out blade holder or blade, grit rollers might need cleaned. Clean your pinch rollers with rubbing alcohol and make sure nothing is on the grit rollers. It's hard to tell if blade holder is worn out, besides to change it and see if it makes a difference.