• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

specialized film mounting device on board and premask

bigben

Quite some time ago, I saw a machine that what kinda a laminator but it was manual and designed to mount premask or mount vinyl on boards. I'm looking for a second machine just do to that and keep ma laminating machine just for that. The name was EZ taping or something like that. I've googled it, but nothing came out. It's my first idea, but I'm open to all suggestions.

rjssigns

Yep, that's the name I was looking for. Is it a good machine and since they went under, is there any other options?
Sorry, no first hand experience. Neat concept though. Only option now would be to find a used unit or get something like the Highway Handyman. https://www.highwayhandyman.com/

I think some forum members have had good luck with the "big orange" hand crank laminators found on eBay and Amazon.

victor bogdanov

Yep, that's the name I was looking for. Is it a good machine and since they went under, is there any other options?
I have a 36" highway handyman with the transfer tape attachment that did not work out for what I intended to use it for, practically brand new. Lmk if interested

bigben

I have a 36" highway handyman with the transfer tape attachment that did not work out for what I intended to use it for, practically brand new. Lmk if interested
Thanks, but I was looking for the 48in or 60in to make at least 4x8 boards. But since you operate one, can you give me some feedback about it?

victor bogdanov

Thanks, but I was looking for the 48in or 60in to make at least 4x8 boards. But since you operate one, can you give me some feedback about it?
It works but not as easy or good as my CWT application table. It is a cheap alternative to an application table but definitely better than applying manually or some other way. If you build a good table around the hwy handyman and with some practice you should be able to mount 4x8 boards but an application table is 100x easier

bigben

It works but not as easy or good as my CWT application table. It is a cheap alternative to an application table but definitely better than applying manually or some other way. If you build a good table around the hwy handyman and with some practice you should be able to mount 4x8 boards but an application table is 100x easier
I understand that an application table would be better but it's not the same price either. I mount mainly on DiBond and I don't want the edges to cut the roller on my laminator, so I was looking for another alternative. How the handyman perform to apply premask?

victor bogdanov

I understand that an application table would be better but it's not the same price either. I mount mainly on DiBond and I don't want the edges to cut the roller on my laminator, so I was looking for another alternative. How the handyman perform to apply premask?
Its ok for pre-masking small sections but the manual method with a WEBERmade or similar is much faster and less prone to messing up. We go through 4-5 rolls of transfer tape per day and have settled on an application table and webermade by hand.

We gave the highway handyman a fair try and it was not as good as our application table or webermade for applying transfer tape.

bigben

Its ok for pre-masking small sections but the manual method with a WEBERmade or similar is much faster and less prone to messing up. We go through 4-5 rolls of transfer tape per day and have settled on an application table and webermade by hand.

We gave the highway handyman a fair try and it was not as good as our application table or webermade for applying transfer tape.
In my case, i use maybe 2-3 roll of premask per month. So the table would be too expensive for this and I mount vinyl on boards maybe 10 times a week. So again, the return on investment for the table would not be much.