• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

spindle I/O error on sabre 408

openwood

got yet another error message from my table and the spindle will not fire up.anyone have any ideas what causes this error.this is the third error message this year.beginning to think the table is falling apart.I want to get into a service program but dont know which one to get.only thing that has happened latley is the table was given a good cleaning yesterday.there was alot of dust around from the latest job.

thanks

Brian

dennis j

You sure have had your share of trouble with your router this year. It makes me nervous we run the same router as you. Sorry I can't help with the error message.

openwood

yes dennis it has been expensive this year.I talked to gerber and did some trouble shooting and was told that it is my communications card.I sure am learning alot about servicing this table.was told that a static charge probally killed it.I have been cutting alot of sintra and it seems to generate alot of static when slid onto the table.the box was also vaccumed of yesterday and it they did it with just a plastic tip instead of a brush,this could also cause fatal static.card was 300.00 plus next day air.I hope things are going well for everyone.this will be another record year for us.busy busy busy!!!!
:signs101:

Brian

andy

Never knew that that static was such a problem- my control card is tucked away safely inside the control PC- all the axis cards are in their own cabinet which I clean now and again with a 4" extractor hose- need to be more careful with this I think.

What I have had problems with is heat. My spindles are air cooled and I'm finding that after a decent run of work they are up to pretty high temps. just had to buy a recon get me by unit as my existing one fried itself- engineers report is not good reading- bushes shot, bearings burnt out, shaft knackered and £2k to rebuild it. Decided to send the whole thing back to the factory in Italy but not happy- spindle is 24 months old.

I'm adding cold air blowers over the spindle to try and get the heat away quicker.

Does anyone else have issues with hot running like this? I'm told by the manufacturers that running temp is normal at around 60 celcius and there is no servicing I can do on the bearings etc.