• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Squeegee Streaks on Overlam printed Vinyl

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I had one realtor try to get me to skew her photo so she would look thinner, I played dumb while making changes in front of her until she explained what she wanted.

Had another realtor bring in a picture to use for a head shot - she was sitting naked on a hay bail twisting around and covering her chest with a cowboy/girl hat in it.

gnubler

^^She was probably over 40, too, yes? Nothing wrong with women over 40, but bringing sex into the profession is about as repelling as it gets.

Every realtor I've met in person looks about 10-15 years older than in their head shot plastered all over town and in magazines. That instantly makes me not trust them.

JBurton

Signtologist
I had one realtor try to get me to skew her photo so she would look thinner, I played dumb while making changes in front of her until she explained what she wanted.

Had another realtor bring in a picture to use for a head shot - she was sitting naked on a hay bail twisting around and covering her chest with a cowboy/girl hat in it.
TIL, mntprinthead is a sign-hunk, evidently beating off all the realtors in town with nothing but a squeegee and a level.

Stacey K

I like making signs
LOL, so it's not just me. RE agents aren't real people and have no awareness over how creepy/offputting some of their photos are.

Good thread, I have dealt with this also on the few items I've laminated by hand. I also don't have a laminator and am about to buy that Vevor cold laminator that Stacey posted.
I have a 38" Big Squeegee that works well for laminating smaller prints, but obviously I'm limited on size using that squeegee.
I totally would if I was you. When you get it, feel free to facetime me and I can show you on my end how I do it. There's a little learning curve to it.

MNT_Printhead

How come I never get pics like that from my customers? :omg:
Some of the women in Oklahoma are truly something else, I never thought about it until a Black Rodeo Cowboy missing a few teeth mentioned it to me in Texas, but after some time I learned he was correct.

All who wander are not lost :big laugh:

MNT_Printhead

She should use that for a bus bench display.
The head shot was for a backlit sign, I want to say 3x6', most likely faces inserted to a preexisting cheap monument behind a bus stop bench heading north on S May Ave in OKC, but I am an optimist.

JBurton

Signtologist
How come I never get pics like that from my customers? :omg:
Dammit, I could have sworn you were in CO...
1705101235970.png

Best I could find for ya, damned Wisconian or whatever they call y'all.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Close, but here she'd be sitting in a snow bank. And still need a lot of imagination to wonder what's under the snow suit :roflmao: