• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

stacey needs help

stacee

i am very very new not only to this site but to the plotter thing. i am ready to throw it out the window and signwarehouse has been of NO help to me but to direct me to places i don't understand. so if anyone is in for a challenge please let it be me. :help: :help: :help:

Jeizzavelle

What do you need?
I might be able to help. I am having my own plotter trouble (material will not track properly) but I know why and am looking for solutions to make it work. Have been using a plotter for 1.5 years. I might have had your problem. :rolleyes:

VinylCraft

Discribe your problume and equipment you are using so others can help you more better. I also have the problume dealing warehouse like many.

Jeizzavelle

I need help too. I have a graphtec plotter and I am cutting 3M electrocut film and it keeps slipping out from under the rollers. I am cutting 17" wide on 18" film so I have the rollers on the edges. I know that's the problem but how else am I supposed to get a correct cut on both ends and sides?????

Bigdawg

Just Me
First of all from one Stacy to another - welcome!
Let us know what kind of problems you are having and we can probably help you out or direct you to the right resource. This is a great place for new people to learn from.

Jeizzavelle

What kind of adjusting? I have them set above the bottom roller. I know that the reason I am losing my material is because I have them too far out on the edges but is there anything I can do to widen the material?? My boss expects a 17" sign cut on 18" film. If I cannot make this work he will kill me. We have done lots of these and never had this much trouble. I don't get it. But there has to be an easier way. I even lowered the speed. Stupid plotter.

VinylCraft

Although I love the 3M electro-cut I too am having problumes with tracking i can not cut anything longer than 36" with out everything going wrong. Although i am using a Lynx 24" i tryied slowing it down by tricking it into thinking it was a heavier meterial so it would run slower that still didn't work. Mine and your problumes are prob differnt but i thought i would add that i to am having the same problumes with the same meterial Jeizzavelle. Go figure i called Signwarehouse and the only thing they could tell me that is i need new rollers. Yeah sure

I would also find it kinda of hard to get 17" cut from a 18" wide roll of media. Maybe reconfigure the design to fit the other way. I would alteast allow 1" on each side of the cut for the rollers to be placed.

Last edited:

Jeizzavelle

VinylCraft said:
Although I love the 3M electro-cut I too am having problumes with tracking i can not cut anything longer than 36" with out everything going wrong. Although i am using a Lynx 24" i tryied slowing it down by tricking it into thinking it was a heavier meterial so it would run slower that still didn't work. Mine and your problumes are prob differnt but i thought i would add that i to am having the same problumes with the same meterial Jeizzavelle. Go figure i called Signwarehouse and the only thing they could tell me that is i need new rollers. Yeah sure

I would also find it kinda of hard to get 17" cut from a 18" wide roll of media. Maybe reconfigure the design to fit the other way. I would alteast allow 1" on each side of the cut for the rollers to be placed.

I can't the spec calls for a 1/2 " border. These are overhead signs for highway use. 1" borders are perfect. I hate my plotter. And the software (gerber/omega) sucks for doing custom graphics. Any suggestions on what I SHOULD be using???

VinylCraft

Have you tried a differnt kind of vinyl just to make sure it's not the media? I Like the electro-cut and have alot of it but had to resort to a differnt media because of the problems you speak of. Maybe try shorter runs?

I would hate to steal Stacee's thread but maybe this is somthing that should be made into it's own. I would like to see what the others would have to say on this matter.

Last edited: