• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

stacking printed vinyl. Eco Sol

Shadowglen

OK I have 15 panels just like this they are 54" x 48" give or take a little. well I am running 15 copies just provided a picture so you can see the solid areas of ink. so I am running out of room I have some hanging from the walls and some lying on my production table. they seem dry and I know about the whole controversy of let them gas out vs don't let them. so can they be stacked or does that effect them? I wouldn't think so but I am learning everyday how the strangest things effect printed materials :thankyou:

Attachments

• vinyl.jpg
    vinyl.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 116

Bigdawg

Just Me
I would worry about ink transfer personally. I would loosely roll them and stand them up in an empty box so no pressure is on the ink.

Shadowglen

no take up reel I take it? I usually leave my prints lightly rolled up standing on end overnight

I have a take up wheel on it but it is only like 6 inches at the bottom over so it was easier to prop a small card table for the vinyl to slide over and not hit the tile floor faster than taping it down.

Shadowglen

I would have just kept printing the same file over and over not cutting off till you were going to have each contor cut.

I must be working for the government today because that makes a lot more sense than what I have been doing. :doh: I will do the remaining 8 in one shot and then set the whole thing upright loosely rolled then cut them apart to laminate. See ya don't know what ya don't know. Thanks all I love this place LOL.

WestcoastSigns

:doh: I will do the remaining 8 in one shot and then set the whole thing upright loosely rolled then cut them apart to laminate. See ya don't know what ya don't know. Thanks all I love this place LOL.

In the image you posted you have registration marks. You probably don't want to cut them apart to laminate if you are putting them back on the printer to then cut.

Just sayin...

SlightlyChilled

In the image you posted you have registration marks. You probably don't want to cut them apart to laminate if you are putting them back on the printer to then cut.

Just sayin...

If he prints it as one BIG file you are right. What I was saying is to print the same file over and over. and you r good to cut