• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Standoffs Suitable for Heavy Signs

Malcolm Loo

Graphic Designer, Promotional Products
Hi,

We need standoffs for a heavy 6mm thick aluminum signs that'll be outdoors. Usually, when we buy standoffs they'll be for indoor signs that are lighter. My manager prefers buying something off Amazon for speed, but if you know of any ones available through Canadian suppliers like Grimco, Seton Canada, Global Industrial, Grainger, etc. that will work too.

Ideally we'd like silver.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I trust you mean 6mm aluminum composite ?? Otherwise, 1/4" aluminum will need more than standoffs.

A frame like mentioned would be your best appraoch.

WB

Depends on the size of the sign. With the proper amount of stand offs you'd be fine it's more how the stand offs are mounted and what they are mounted to.

FASTSIGNS

I would suggest NOVA displays. They seem to have a better sturdier options and options for exterior.

Malcolm Loo

Graphic Designer, Promotional Products
Well we managed to get the standoffs from a local supplier of glass standoffs. If we had more time I would've checked out CR Laurence since they were cheaper there. Thanks for the resources, will use those next time!