• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

static cling issue

i had a display sheet of pvc with a static cling print on it to show customers when were are out and about looking for new clients.
the print was a full color print and was left to out gas for approx 1 week or more before i applied it to the pvc sheet with water.
today i went to take it off the sheet but the print was stuck to the sheet! now......would this be because it is pvc or because it was a full color print ya think?

Bill Modzel

I think it was because you stuck the wrong side to the pvc. Print reverse image and stick the back side to your substrate.

it was a white static for our roland and we have done quite afew statics without any problems using it.
difference with this one was that it was a full color with no white from the static showing at all, not even on the edges.
wasn't sure if its the full color full bleed thats caused this to happen or the fact we stuck it to pvc.

signswi

Most likely the PVC, we've had white cling with full coverage in high-sun areas on glass for quite a while and it comes off clean.

yeah, thats what i thought jesse......the pvc and maybe a factor of the full color. just woundered if anyone else has had the same issue.
wanted to show potential customers a nice full color static hence the clear pvc we put it on rather that lugging around glass.

maybe....yeah. i grabbed some clear pvc off cut i had laying around thinking that would be good enough as we take samples with us when we meet or go into customers stores to show them what we can do etc.
figured this would be ideal, however, after trying to remove the static cling i noticed the ink(the black area mostly) had stuck to the sheet. not sure if the same would have happened if i had, had glass or acrylic....