• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static Cling

jwright350

Anybody got tips for running and/or writing a profile for static cling?

I have a Mutoh 2606 and its an absolute nightmare.

I can't get the media to feed consistently enough to do a media feed adjustment. Seriously, I run a 500mm adjustment...then re run it and its different each time. I have it set about 486 mm and that seems as close as it gets. Maybe it has to do with the 2-stage level on the pinch rollers? Do I need to leave the lever at the first level, or lock it all the way down?

It seems to me like it sticks on the feed tension roller bars.

I'm sure if I slowed the printer all the way down to a 16 pass mode and wrote a profile it might be better. But I seriously have better luck printing them on my 46" mutoh... problem is it prints like 10 sq ft/ hr.

I'm using 27" white solvex.... maybe there is a better brand?

I barely made it thru a print run of 30ea 2' X 3' now i have 115ea to do.

HaroldDesign

I run General Formulations 208-54, and it prints pretty good. Eleven-Ten made some that really ran great, but I don't know where to get it anymore. I haven't had a problem with the feed, so it may be a brand difference.

d fleming

No trust required. Nazdar made 11-10 and they make 20/20 for grimco. Cat's been outa the bag a while on that one. Grimco simply bought the reseller rights when 11-10 went down. NAzdar is a trusted industry name and has been for many years.