• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

step and repeats in photoshop

osmasterflex

repeat as in....have it automatically do something to a group of images...(i.e. tag your logo on a folder of files)??

imagep

No, as in laying out a 2" x 3.5" business card so that it can be printed 12 up on a 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock.

We always use Corel Draw to step in repeat, and it is something we do every day as we are also an offset printer. You could just import your image to Corel Draw or Illi

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
well I'm using the plotter art seamless textures diamondplate pattern (which is a 12"x12' square) and I want the pattern to wrap along the bottom of a car which is 5ft long. The 12" sections line up with each other just fine. I just am looking for a quicker way to tile the image than creating 5 layers, lining them up by hand, and flattening them

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One suggestion would be to create and save an Action to carry it out. You can use some of the steps in the tutorial posted by osmasterflex and, because you are working with a seamless tile that probably fills your workspace, incorporate a canvas enlargement step in the action to accommodate the new tile placement. I am attaching a quick and dirty action for you to try out. Just drop it into your C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Photoshop Actions folder and open it in your Actions Palette.

The second approach is to simply make a pattern out of the diamond plate tile. You can then use it as a fill or a pattern overlay in your layer effects.

Attachments

• Tile Image.zip
    527 bytes · Views: 102

copythat

PDF it!

what is the best way to step and repeat in photoshop?

You can pdf the file & then use quite impose to do multiple ups with cut marks

Or you can open up the layers icon & set up the guidelines for 10 up. Go to the layers & right click & copy until you have enough for 10 up on page. Or send me file & I'll pdf it for you!

Last edited: