• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sticker Calculator?

sabioprinting

I've tried searching on google and on this forum.
But does anyone have a "Cost of Stickers/Decals" calculator?

I'm trying to see what my cost is on sticker runs.
Being able to input the quantity that my customer needs and showing me the cost + retail cost with markups.

Thanks.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
That's something you should do yourself. No one on here knows your fixed cost used to determine your labor rate, Nor your machine cost, ink costs, material costs, waste, efficiency...

Make sure you set a minimum for you digital printing process as well, or you'll hemorrhage money on the low end. A couple of smalldecals worth $5 will kill your profits when you analyze the time to set it up, get approved and invoice it.

sabioprinting

That's something you should do yourself. No one on here knows your fixed cost used to determine your labor rate, Nor your machine cost, ink costs, material costs, waste, efficiency...

Make sure you set a minimum for you digital printing process as well, or you'll hemorrhage money on the low end. A couple of smalldecals worth $5 will kill your profits when you analyze the time to set it up, get approved and invoice it.

Understood. I was just wondering if someone has already built up some kind of Spreadsheet they use that has all the inputs and numbers. Of course, all I'd have to do is input my own shop numbers.

But for like ink, how do you determine that cost? I know it varies per project as each have their own amount of ink consumption, but any idea on how to ensure all projects get covered?

For example, I purchase my Eco-Sol Max 2 at $125 for the 440ml which brings it down to $0.28/ml. How would I input that cost into my other items?

I already have vinyl/lam cost per sq in.

Any help is appreciated!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
For example, I purchase my Eco-Sol Max 2 at $125 for the 440ml which brings it down to $0.28/ml. How would I input that cost into my other items?

I'm assuming you're using Versaworks then? It will tell you the ink consumption per job. I'm not at work and can't remember exactly how to access it, but I believe it's under "print log" or something along those lines - in there you can see the breakdown of ink consumption per channel. This helps if you're printing with white/silver/clear etc.

Run a couple of jobs ranging from light coverage to heavy, full bleed coverage, and figure out your average ink consumption. It's a small part of the equation so if you're not sure, build in some extra and review after a few months to see how you're doing. I believe it was Firesprint that mentioned they review it on an annual basis and compare the amount of ink purchased to the square footage sold, which allows them to account for waste ink/cleaning etc. That wasted ink can add up over the course of a year and should be included in your pricing.

Hope that helps.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I'm assuming you're using Versaworks then? It will tell you the ink consumption per job. I'm not at work and can't remember exactly how to access it, but I believe it's under "print log" or something along those lines.

In VersaWorks 6, the ink consumption is under "Job Properties" on the right side of the "Preview window". I find it also very helpful to have the "Status Bar" showing - it is just along the bottom but it shows total length of a job too, which is handy.

Z SIGNS

How about figure out what each sticker weighs and sell the stuff by the pound.
Would be a lot easier to calculate your pricing