• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sticky gloss ink

MulticopieLM

Hello everyone,

I just bought a Mimaki UCJV300 and my gloss clear is very sticky. I mostly do stickers with my printer and when I use gloss clear they all stick together, leaving prints and fading the finish when stacked. Am I the only one having this issue? How to resolve it?

I am using the LUS-170 inks with clear and white configuration.

Thank you for your help

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Might be under curing, can hit it with an led black light and cure it more. Check the glass on your curing lights as well.

MulticopieLM

Might be under curing, can hit it with an led black light and cure it more. Check the glass on your curing lights as well.
I did washed my lamps but im still having problems. I tried printing the clear separately @ 44 passes and still sticky. My UV lamps are even set at 50% more power

Smoke_Jaguar

Yeah, might be bad LED modules or just hinky ink, they do go out. Toss the print out in the sunlight for a few hours and see if it gets better.

MulticopieLM

Yeah, might be bad LED modules or just hinky ink, they do go out. Toss the print out in the sunlight for a few hours and see if it gets better.
This is what I am thinking, I glued a Sticker on one if m'y outdoor Windows a couple weeks ago ans I cant scratch the ink. I Mighty have received a defective UV Lamp. I already changed all ink bottes so I dont think IT is that. Wait for a response from Mimaki.

Thank you!

Smoke_Jaguar

Older ink can take a long time to cure, sunlight is the nuclear option. There are ways to test the UV emission power, but the sensors are pricey.

MulticopieLM

Older ink can take a long time to cure, sunlight is the nuclear option. There are ways to test the UV emission power, but the sensors are pricey.
Everything is brand new, even the printer. Bought less than 2 months ago. Sunlight is a good solution but i will have a hard time spreading everything to the sunlight.

Black Star

Not A New Member
Is the printer laying down too much ink? I just bought a CJV150 and I'm having this same issue. I had a JV33 but I was using Wasatch. I'm not using RasterLink and I've had to dial back the density of the ink by quite a bit.

MulticopieLM

Is the printer laying down too much ink? I just bought a CJV150 and I'm having this same issue. I had a JV33 but I was using Wasatch. I'm not using RasterLink and I've had to dial back the density of the ink by quite a bit.
hard to tell. It is my first wide format so its hard for me to tell if it is too much or not. I am using Rasterlink 7 at the moment but i just downloaded Onyx Thrive trial. I will test if it is a RIP problem or a machine software.

Do you have color issues when you change the ink density? If i go from 1200x1200 to 600x600, my colors change quite a bit from one to the other

Black Star

Not A New Member
Yes. The colors will change with ink density. I haven't messed around with resolution too much but I have changed the ink density by clicking the Q, Quality. And then at the top, I click the color adjust tab. The first option is Density, Whole. Although it depends on the profile I am using, I have noticed that printing with -20 to -30 percent has made a big difference in this issue.

MulticopieLM

Yes. The colors will change with ink density. I haven't messed around with resolution too much but I have changed the ink density by clicking the Q, Quality. And then at the top, I click the color adjust tab. The first option is Density, Whole. Although it depends on the profile I am using, I have noticed that printing with -20 to -30 percent has made a big difference in this issue.
I will try that and try to adjust my colors so they still match with less density. Thank you!