• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

store obstruction error...please help

tintgirl2000

I have had my DC4sx for several months now. I am very new at the digital print as I have only cut vinyl for years. From the start, I have had hang-ups, some my lack of knowledge and some maybe not. I have learned about my printer and have worked through some of them with the help of some very patient and very helpful summa tech support guys.
The one problem I still have and cannot resolve is a message that I get in the process of a print. The message reads...store obstruction pull cassette manually to the back of the machine. I open the back of the machine, pull the cassette from the head, back into its location, but it cancels out the job and its wasted. I have run a store locator, cleaned all I can clean, and lastly ran a firmware update that tech support walked me through. He said if that didn't fix the problem, then I would need to order a part for some sensor. I told him I have had this problem and have called about this same message several times.
On Thursday, I printed several prints,,,no problem. Then the dreaded message appeared again. I just stopped and left for the weekend holiday.
This has become a very frustrating obstacle to resolve.
ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Don't get me wrong. I love SUMMA. I have had a D60 for years. Love my machines. Just need them to produce for me.

tintgirl2000

No Frick'in way! I cannot wait to get to the office tomorrow and look to see. I don't think I have mice. I will be greatly surprised if it is that but I kinda hope it is in that it will solve my problems.
Thanks alot. I will let you know.
Signs 101...you're the best.

PGSigns

Is the obstruction message always for the same slot? There is a micro switch in each storage slot that tells the printer that there is a cart in the slot and that it is in the correct position. If you look in the slot from the back of the machine it is easy to see. Make sure the arm is not damaged.
Jimmy

Ruddbow

Hey that was my Mouse! Take the top panel off, then the goldish colored inner cover (covers the head) you can then double check all connections at the bays home base. Alot easier to check the sensors from the top then looking from underneath (imo). Did Summa support have you run a test that made the head pull/put back the cassette numerous times? Your question will get answered on digital-graphica, that group of users is top notch. I have learned a bunch from them.

tintgirl2000

No signs of mice
Yes they got me to run store lcator.
Don't know where to look exactly for the sensor arm.
Tell me more.

tintgirl2000

thank you

Well I spent some time on the phone with Summa Monday and he got me to run another firmware update. As of now it has printed with no obstruction error. Summa really does have great tech support and are always glad to try to help. I have some more to print tomorrow so we will continue to cross our fingers.
Thank you all for your help!