• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Storefront website with pricing options

Goatshaver

I don't have a website but I get asked often and I would like to try to funnel business inquires through it rather than dealing with private messages from lots of people and it would just smooth out the ordering process I believe.

With that...does anyone know where I can build a site that I can setup custom pricing like Stickermule, stickerapp....etc?

I'm trying to find something fairly easy that I can setup the site myself, but I'm really unsure if this is possible with the custom pricing feature.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
+1 what are you selling?

Do you have a budget?
Do you have any website building exp?
how much effort to you want to put in it?

Goatshaver

What do you sell?

+1 what are you selling?

Do you have a budget?
Do you have any website building exp?
how much effort to you want to put in it?

Stickers, either die cut or in sheets for now maybe other stuff later.

I can afford to have something setup, I'm just not sure about associated costs for websites like that. I don't have any site building experience, which is probably why I can't find something I can do myself for this type of site and effort depends if if I'm going to set it up or someone else will be I guess, because once it's setup I'm sure maintenance is minimal for the most part.

I'm really green to having a site for business. I just want an easy way to route people through communication wise and get simple quotes to people without me having get details out of them. Just trying to streamline things a little bit.

Sounds like it's not as easy as it sounds to get a site setup like this.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

I can afford to have something setup, I'm just not sure about associated costs for websites like that. I don't have any site building experience, which is probably why I can't find something I can do myself for this type of site and effort depends if if I'm going to set it up or someone else will be I guess, because once it's setup I'm sure maintenance is minimal for the most part.

I'm really green to having a site for business. I just want an easy way to route people through communication wise and get simple quotes to people without me having get details out of them. Just trying to streamline things a little bit.

I believe OnPrintShop is your answer. It's quite popular.
Comes with starter templates and i believe all you do is add your own images and create some products etc.
I might be wrong, but i believe it's about $200 a month.

LarryB

Nothing in life is simple. I used a template from BigCommerce and have spent hundreds of hours designing and adding products to it along with adding an online design tool. I've also had to use outside services to customize certain parts of the website. Lots of work but it has paid off.

mim

0_o
I have a simple WordPress website I sell my artwork on. People buy the prints, $ goes into my PayPal acct and I order/make the print and ship them out.
There are ways to make it even easier on you/the buyer by integrating a drop shipping client.

It's pretty inexpensive and easy peasy to set up.

Saturn

Aging Member
I had some DIY success creating simple ordering forms using a form-builder called JotForm, but If I had the room to grow I'd have no hesitation paying a real web developer big dollars and monthly fees for a well thought out little "StickerMuleLite" website.

That conditional logic for the pricing UI and integration with production/billing/shipping would be key to making a site that's going to standup to future use, and something I don't think you can "easily" get from an off the shelf option unless you're hugely committed with your brain cells and your time. It's definitely different from selling a fixed unit with few variables or customization on Shopify.

We've got a few folks on here that have similar sites to what you describe, like FireSprint, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll chime in. ;p

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We use Onprintshop and really like it. There's alot to setting up a site that really makes a difference though.

By stickers, I assume you mean custom stickers, where the customer sends artwork to you or they give you details on what they are looking for?

I would say, as a rule of thumb, a really really good website might be able to allow you not to hire your 3rd, 5th and 9th inside sales or customer service person. Customers will still call and email you with all kinds of issues that you just simply can't solve with a website.

As an exercise, I would suggest making an order form. Just a PDF form that customers can fill out to place an order. If you can design a really good one page paper order form, and get customers to use it to some degree, then you'll have a much easier time setting up an ecommerce website.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I had some DIY success creating simple ordering forms using a form-builder called JotForm, but If I had the room to grow I'd have no hesitation paying a real web developer big dollars and monthly fees for a well thought out little "StickerMuleLite" website.

That conditional logic for the pricing UI and integration with production/billing/shipping would be key to making a site that's going to standup to future use, and something I don't think you can "easily" get from an off the shelf option unless you're hugely committed with your brain cells and your time. It's definitely different from selling a fixed unit with few variables or customization on Shopify.

We've got a few folks on here that have similar sites to what you describe, like FireSprint, so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll chime in. ;p

These days, ecommerce is very easy with Wordpress+Woocommerce. or even shopify.
But when using woocommerce or shopify, you need additional plugins to create products with customisation. Especially for the print ind when products are complex.

Ours is built on wordpress with woocommerce, except my store is for logged in users only, so if you visit my site you cannot see the store.

Goatshaver

We use Onprintshop and really like it. There's alot to setting up a site that really makes a difference though.

By stickers, I assume you mean custom stickers, where the customer sends artwork to you or they give you details on what they are looking for?

I would say, as a rule of thumb, a really really good website might be able to allow you not to hire your 3rd, 5th and 9th inside sales or customer service person. Customers will still call and email you with all kinds of issues that you just simply can't solve with a website.

As an exercise, I would suggest making an order form. Just a PDF form that customers can fill out to place an order. If you can design a really good one page paper order form, and get customers to use it to some degree, then you'll have a much easier time setting up an ecommerce website.
True. It's basically a way to funnel people and try and give me a little bit more hands-off to getting people quotes really.

I'll have to see about a form as well. I'm not sure my clients are into that kind of thing, most don't even know where to begin with ordering stickers. Basic things like size and shape sometimes are hard to get from them.

Now I remember why I liked being in prepress and not doing customer service when I was in the offset printing world.