• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Strange alignment issues with HP L360

MMPLarge Format

Had my belt replaced recently on my HP L360. Everything has been running really well and I haven't had any issues. Spent the entire day printing and then started a long print. Three minutes into the print its like my carriage decided it was done and slammed right into the edge of the printer on the maintenance cartridge side and the printer threw a code. Turned the printer off and back on and now its almost like it has an alignment issue. Its very subtle and has been getting better as the print goes on but on one side of the print it is creating an inch long line where ink just isn't being laid down. Maybe a print head was damaged and its just working the ink out? Any thoughts?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well a picture would help for sure.
The fact that you had the belt changed and for that the carriage needs to be taken out, it could have "snapped" the good old trailing cable.
I've seen same thing happen with bad cable, just rams to the end and can create some lines to the prints as well.
I would say 95% on the trailing cable. Now that doesn't mean there couldn't be anything else. You can always pull the printheads out and inspect the bottom part. It has a flat cable next to the nozzles on the bottom. It should be looking nice and flush, no lifted up corners or anything.
You should also clean the encoder with a cloth and water, see if that helps. It also needs to be cleaned behind the cleaning bay where the carriage usually sits.

To check the trailing cable, you can usually see it's worn out from outside.
Open the window and reach up towards the top panel, under that you will have the trailing pack with ink tubes and cables. Lift that down (it's in a U shaped channel), open it a little bit and inspect the trailing cable (fat data cable) for any damage. If you can see the wires from inside, it's broken and it needs to be replaced.
2ET72-67020 Trailing Cable

It's this cable in the picture that's taken out. You want to check especially that spot where the U-motion rocks the cable back and forth.

tubes - Copy.jpg

MMPLarge Format

Thank you for your feedback! After looking into it the training cable looks fine. Everything is in the place that it needs to be in. The vertical line has completely gone away but I am having issues with my alignment still. Here is a picture. Going to try a printhead alignment to see if that fixes it.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 198

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Oh yeah, start with a alignment for sure.
If there's different issues we can continue with something else.

MMPLarge Format

Ran a print head alignment test and it looked like this. Checked my print heads and my optimizer was bad so i replaced it. Ran another test and it still looks the exact same. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG