• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange bands in RIPed file

Bigdawg

Just Me
take a look at the attached picture. I keep getting two distinct black banding lines in my gradient whenever I RIP this file. It's printing on a tradeshow film (lexjet SR) and I've printed this same logo three times on the same material about 6-8 months ago and it was fine. This file was built from one of those files for an additional display. If I re-rip the old files I get the same thing.

If I print on density control only (Versaworks - latest version) my gradient is smooth like it's supposed to be - but the color is crap. When I introduce a profile - any profile (my custom, manufacturer or generic matte paper) these lines appear. They are NOT in the file.

Any thoughts or suggestions. I've been trying to print this dang file for days...

Attachments

• 2011-03-21 14.14.33.jpg
    2011-03-21 14.14.33.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 84

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's happening out to the right and left of it ??
stacy blur.jpg

Looks like you're at 1440 of some fine setting. What happens if you go to a faster or wider profile ??

Bigdawg

Just Me
Its on the 720 standard setting... band goes all the way across all three letters that have the same gradient.

Without a profile it will print correctly. With one it adds the band consistently in the same spot. I even redid the gradient and it still does it in about the same place.

NickChmiel

Are you rastering the image before ripping? I know the Onyx, for example, will always have errors if you try to RIP from a vector file with gradients. However, if you open your vector file in Photoshop and raster it should be ok.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, then try going slower. That's not a good answer, but it might get the print printed and out the door, so you can look at the problem and identify it without the pressure of a deadline.

Bigdawg

Just Me
This is a photoshop file. Thanks guys.

I'll try slowing it down and see if that helps. This thing is driving me nuts... luckily he has 3 other displays he can use while I figure this one out...

Bigdawg

Just Me
well... that didn't help.

But I just noticed my icc is default CMYK on this profile and it should be my lexjet icc file. Switched it over and it looks like it might work (not perfect.. but acceptable)...

Gonna try to print this bad boy again in the AM with this tweak...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Good idea sticky... but it didn't work upside down... or sideways... At this point I am just printing the G - I've burned through so much material...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well, this one just went to Roland DGA tech support. NOthing works.

I'll update when (if) they can figure out the problem