• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange noise...

moondog

I own a Graphtec CF7000-75, thus far I've had no problems what so ever with the machine, it has been great, everything a Graphtec should be... However, recently I've noticed a specific noise that happens intermittantly while running a job. The sound is hard to describe but sounds as if something is getting hung for a fraction of a second and then snaps free creating the sound. Kind of like the sould you would expect if the blade pen were to get caught on something and then pop free. The sound is mettalic somewhat and comes from inside the machine rather than ouside. It usually happens when I am doing detailed work, and the blade carraige is in the same general place. As far as I can tell the quality of the job is not effected, in other words the jobs come out fine, no problems there. If something is getting hung it is not the blade, or the job would show it, right? But an intermittant sound like that bothers me. At first I thought it was nothing, but sometimes you can hear it from across the shop, like what the heck was that?

Anyone have a problem like this?

Isaac

toucan_graphics

sounds like the print head is hitting the blade carriage. I have heard of this happening but do not have first hand knowledge. I think it's called "Head punch"
I'm sure there are plenty of users who are familiar with this issue.

I think I recall reading a post about it a few weeks ago.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Jason
Toucan Graphics