• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange shadow effect

midnightmadman

Hi guys. I’m getting a weird shadow effect when I print. If you look at the image these two gray bars should be just two gray bars. Everything I print has been coming out this way. It is double printing for some reason offset by about 1/2” to the left

Attachments

• 561A2B39-C608-44B1-BA4F-E370236BE95D.jpeg
    561A2B39-C608-44B1-BA4F-E370236BE95D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 473

midnightmadman

Thanks. I did not that I know of. That’s kind of what I thought it was. It was printing 100% perfect and I unplugged the printer for a week in case we had severe storms . When I got back that’s how it was printing

midnightmadman

I might try doing a test print from the machine. If that’s good it means it’s somehow in the rip or electric issue from the data ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it were me I would turn the printer off, unplug it, hit the power button, wait 15 minutes, disconnect the head and trailing cables, air dust the terminals, and then re-install the cables. If that doesn't do the trick, it's probably a bad head or board.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks. Even if I get a good test print?
Test prints use the largest dots which are the easiest to fire for the head. When you print a file it uses multiple sizes of dot which is where you will start to see problems if there are any. Hopefully it's just a damaged or dirty cable!

midnightmadman

Unplugged. Held power. Changed Ethernet cord. Greased rails that are pretty dry
Went to power on about 5 min later snd got the dreaded no power up !

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
To me this looks like a board or other electrical hardware issue. Encoders, both readers and lines, could do this - but not to this degree. What machine is this?

midnightmadman

I’m hoping this isn’t the end. I left it unplugged overnight as I have in the past hoping it powers back up this morning. It has not.

midnightmadman

So here is something interesting
We had some friends over the weekend before I noticed the issue. The one boy has autism and gets into all kinds of stuff like you wouldn’t believe.
hecwas down here by himself where the printer is. I looked at the head this morning and it looks VERY high. For some reason. I don’t know if somehow he was pulling on it or maybe he didn’t at all. But it does not look like it’s at the correct height. I’m still waiting for the machine to power on. It’s in that state where it won’t come back on. This has happened before and it usually comes back on after a day or two.. fingers crossed.

midnightmadman

I just did another nozzle check and it is NOT good.
Colors are overlapping
Looks like cyan and black

Attachments

• 29AD0BF0-67BB-4C6F-9969-E67C78B07EFC.jpeg
    29AD0BF0-67BB-4C6F-9969-E67C78B07EFC.jpeg
    831 KB · Views: 153