• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange spots on banner printed on a waterbased machine

J

john1

Hey guys, I have a local business friend who i often send things out to when i can't do them in house.

Now he has a water based cannon 42" printer and laminates all outdoor banners since water based inks are very weak for outdoor signage.

The banner was laminated using a cold laminator and i am not sure on which 13oz material it was printed on.

The banner looked flawless when i picked it up before giving it to the client and today i get this email with a photo of 2 strange spots the clients concerned about. I handed it to the client last Friday.

Any idea what the heck this is or if it's maybe something the client did and isn't fessing up?

Thanks!

Attachments

• banner-Damage.jpg
    banner-Damage.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 90

d fleming

Just a guess but the one spot looks like where tape was used to hold roll tight during storage, the other looks like air bubbles under lam.

jrsc

clearshield works much better then a film laminate for banner material. We used to use it when we printed some banners on our hp 5500. I'm not sure what the marks are.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
the one next to the watch is definitely air bubbles. Looks like the lam has bubbled and is pulling away the ink receptive coating. Can't really tell what the other one is from the pic.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Application Failure............

:Oops: I thought it was an A V E R Y thread.

J

john1

im not sure what caused all this, it was flawless when i picked it up and gave it to my customer.

wes70

the one next to the watch is definitely air bubbles. Looks like the lam has bubbled and is pulling away the ink receptive coating. Can't really tell what the other one is from the pic.

I have to agree. I only print polypropylene banners with vinyl lam on my HP (aqueous). Scrim banner for outdoor use is always subbed out to a solvent printer, unless for indoor only.