• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange Test prints

kmpg

Hi All,
We've recently had our Mimaki JV3 160SP completely crash. We sent our mainboard in to Mac Media and they quickly fixed and sent back to us. The printer has been working well all week, except for the fans which I fixed by replacing the cable from the IO2 to the Mainboard. After replacing the cable I got a very strange test print. Here is the pic.... photo 3.jpg

I pulled ink through the magenta head and after a while I got this test print.... photo 1.jpg
I am almost positive it is not a cyan head issue. To confuse matters even more I tested the heads one at a time and I got this.... photo 2.jpg

Why in the world did the cyan show up in the yellow test print?

I'm going to try changing the pumps in the morning and I will be soaking the heads overnight. Does anybody have any suggestions or has anyone seen anything like this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Masseria

have you checked encoder strip? because that looks like wrong information going to the printhead...

check it via service menu, encoder strip.. check all values must be alphanumeric data and not 0000.