• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stray Yellow Toner on my Xante Illumina

phron8ge

Hi all. Happy New Year!

I have decided that my new year will begin with trying to track down the cause of an ever worsening problem I have been encountering on my Xante Illumina over the past month or so.

Describing the issue isn't going to be so easy, but here goes...The output from the printer at first glance(and from a distance) appears to be fine, but upon closer inspection, half of the page is covered in mottled yellow toner. I have replaced every part possible in an attempt to fix it, but nothing seems to have worked. The mottled yellow is appearing both on the image area and the areas of the page that just show through as paper white too.

A quick phone call to Xante got me next to nowhere as they charge even to open up a call on the machine(I have no service contract), and the guy who answered the phone not very confidently said "could be the voltage."

So I unleash my problem to the collective problem solving of Signs101. Any ideas on what it could be?

I look forward to hearing your musings on the matter.

Thanks!!

I will be interested in how many responses you get on this post. I bet most people don't even know what Xante is. On that note I do know about the Xante. Can you post the config pages and a sample. Please use a magnifier and make sure the color is yellow and yellow only.

ecoleejr

i had this same problem with my machine back in 2006. It was under service at the time and they shipped out 2 different units to fix the problem. Every unit that we tried had the same problem. We finally gave up and they refunded our money after 3 machines within 90 days. They told me voltage as well. But hard to believe on 3 machines that there is a volt problem.

Sorry I could not help you with the problem.
Xante is actually remanufactured OKIdata printers. I think that is part of the issues that arise with the xante machines. I purchased an OKIdata envelope printer in 2009 and have not had any issues with the machine and OKIdata will answers all questions without charging.

phron8ge

Thanks for your responses. I have solved my problem, which embarrassingly lay in our user settings. During a period of our companies history we were having terrible problems with a konica-minolta engine and de-lamination on our color material(we are a book manufacturing company). In the time that it took us to get rid of the konica minolta and get an canon ip7000 we had turned to our little illumina for almost all our color production needs(we normally only use it for over sized book jackets). In order to hit the colors that we needed the person running the xante(not me) at the time had increased the voltage across all 4 colors using the controls built into the user setting on the front of the machine. Needless to say, after we got our 7000, the settings were never reverted back to 0, and we have been running it like that for well over a year. I have no idea why it only started to manifest a problem in the last few weeks, but resetting the voltage controls to 0 seems to have fixed the problem of stray yellow toner across the page.

DSD and ecoleejr, If you guys would like to see what the problem looked like I would be happy to post a sample for you. Just let me know. Thanks so much for your input.

I do not need to see it. I knew it had to do with the charge files. They will work fine but shorten the life of the drums. I sell and repair the Xante. I have heard the same problems described 10 dif. ways. That is why I asked for the pics and config page. It sounds like you are not using the machine much. If you think you can market 4color envelopes take a look on at this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJsXdUx7uZk It will feed the Xante and let you make money without the high cost of the toner.

Ilikeprinting

Hi all. Happy New Year!

I have decided that my new year will begin with trying to track down the cause of an ever worsening problem I have been encountering on my Xante Illumina over the past month or so.

Describing the issue isn't going to be so easy, but here goes...The output from the printer at first glance(and from a distance) appears to be fine, but upon closer inspection, half of the page is covered in mottled yellow toner. I have replaced every part possible in an attempt to fix it, but nothing seems to have worked. The mottled yellow is appearing both on the image area and the areas of the page that just show through as paper white too.

A quick phone call to Xante got me next to nowhere as they charge even to open up a call on the machine(I have no service contract), and the guy who answered the phone not very confidently said "could be the voltage."

So I unleash my problem to the collective problem solving of Signs101. Any ideas on what it could be?

I look forward to hearing your musings on the matter.

Thanks!!
I too needed help from Xante. It was very hard to believe the help they tried giving me . . . at one point the gentleman said 1/16" off registration was not bad . . . I knew then that I was in trouble for asking for help. Anyway, I did find ways to clean different sensors that actually did help. Pull out the drums and at the far right end of the drum you will see a square/glass looking piece. Take your air dusting spray or cotton cloth and clean all four drum sections. Then since the drums are all out of the machine, take the belt out and at lower left, there is a long slender type door covering (3) seperate sensors (clear glass looking as on the drums) carefully pull up the door and wipe those three and then reinstall everything as it should be. One last thing is that I've notice is the quality of paper . . . certain kinds can't take the heat and others need a whole lot more. Good Luck I hope this helps and I sure would like to know your outcome. Take Care, Ilikeprinting - When everything works!