• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaking and bright orange

BargainSigns

Help! My Mimaki JV3 is streaking.:frustrated: Any suggestions? Also does anyone know how to get a "bright" orange. All of the oranges seem a little brown.

Thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What material are you printing on?

What software are you sending the job with?

What resolution?

What profile?

P

ProWraps™

heh, wrapping a bently and asking about getting color right.. ironic.

BargainSigns

Sorry didn't mean to offend sensitive types. Marianna, Bargain Signs, Clearwater FL, Been in business 19 years. Wrapping Bentley to match....The General Lee. Please no gasps. It is what the customer wants. Must say it is nice to have it here over box trucks. !

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe a "wrap expert" all the way accross the country where we would surely offer no competion would have any morsel of suggestion? I would TRULY be appreciative.

GK

Sorry didn't mean to offend sensitive types. Marianna, Bargain Signs, Clearwater FL, Been in business 19 years. Wrapping Bentley to match....The General Lee. Please no gasps. It is what the customer wants. Must say it is nice to have it here over box trucks. !

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe a "wrap expert" all the way accross the country where we would surely offer no competion would have any morsel of suggestion? I would TRULY be appreciative.

Aside from using the correct profile for that particular media. Can you see if anything is dragging under the print heads? sometimes you get a slight build up of stuff and it will cause banding in the prints. Also, the files you are printing, are they vector or raster? sometimes depending on the graphic you might be better off using a rasterized file rather than a vector one (more so with gradients then solid colors) Some other things to keep an eye on is the humidity where you are printing as well as the air temp, these can also affect your print results.

fozzyber

Sorry didn't mean to offend sensitive types.

Not sensitive, just wondering why I should try to help someone who does not have the common nicety, to tell us a little about themselves.
Who also does not provide anywhere near enough info to begin to help them.
and then comes back with some backhanded apology.

BarginSigns stick to the bargins, I've wasted enough of my time with you...

BargainSigns

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANKYOU! We just figured it out. What a fabulous source we have discovered! Wow super weath of information. Hopefully we can help others in the future.

Thanks a million!
Marianna

Answered Fred in other post. Appriciate the tip though!

P

ProWraps™

hey cypress, you get what you pay for right?!?!?! what a barGIN!

rdm01

I think it may have been a play on words (Barge-In), if not, it was an
unintentional pun, and a funny one!

Brings up a good point though. I think alot of the people that join don't realize
it is common courtesy to introduce yourself here, and then when they make
their fist post they get clobbered by a bunch of members for not introducing
yourself.

Fred, is there anyway to have a message when they first sign up letting
people know what is expected of their first post?

BargainSigns

O.K. O.K the gloves are off. Gheesh. To all those concerned please accept my heartfelt apology for not properly introducing myself. There was no intent to offend.

thanks to those that helped.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think it may have been a play on words (Barge-In), if not, it was an
unintentional pun, and a funny one!

Brings up a good point though. I think alot of the people that join don't realize
it is common courtesy to introduce yourself here, and then when they make
their fist post they get clobbered by a bunch of members for not introducing
yourself.

Fred, is there anyway to have a message when they first sign up letting
people know what is expected of their first post?

There is a message to that effect in the email they receive after approval. Unfortunately, this new member's activation email was lost in cyber spam and I manually approved her registration.

FWIW to all those who decided to wisecrack or take umbrage with the name or etiquette of the member ... Bargain Signs is owned and operated by Bob Stephens who is a highly respected member of the craft who has helped lots of people in the past.

P

ProWraps™

FWIW to all those who decided to wisecrack or take umbrage with the name or etiquette of the member ... Bargain Signs is owned and operated by Bob Stephens who is a highly respected member of the craft who has helped lots of people in the past.

i guess we would have known had he introuduced himself :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i guess we would have known had he he introuduced himself :thumb:

I see you're still skimming posts and posting like you have a full comprehension.

In post #5, she identified herself as Marianna. We may assume from that, that she is employed by and/or married to and/or related to Bob.

To all who would suggest that Marianna did not observe proper etiquette, I would submit that wisecracking about a member's company name or their lack of etiquette is, in and of itself, poor etiquette.

P

ProWraps™

I see you're still skimming posts and posting like you have a full comprehension.

In post #5, she identified herself as Marianna. We may assume from that, that she is employed by and/or married to and/or related to Bob.

To all who would suggest that Marianna did not observe proper etiquette, I would submit that wisecracking about a member's company name or their lack of etiquette is, in and of itself, poor etiquette.

actually i read the entire thread. YOU refered someone named BOB. since you are the one in charge i assumed you were right. theres that whole ass out of you and me thing.

and no offense fred, but when people made fun of my company name, where were you to squash that poor etiquette? kind of ironic dontcha think?