• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stretched Canvas Material Brand Type "please show me the light at the end of the tunnel"

Franklin

Hello,

My name is Franklin from Orlando, F.L. Thank you in advance to anyone who shares their thoughts and opinions with me. Working alone and not having anyone to bounce ideas with or anyone to get inspiration from can sometimes be dreadful. So yes! Thank you in advance!

I'm using a L25500

Does anyone know what is the best material to use when stretching canvas
So far I've ordered and used

LexJet Sunset Photo Canvas Paper 230g (i was very excited and did not notice it said "canvas paper" so this was a waste
LexJet Sunset by Fredrix Matte Canvas - on the right track but i wont be ordering again, it just wasn't what i was looking for

I attached a photo of a canvas I purchased through a company I set to produce canvas like. Not sure if the photo helps? Looking for something that has a pregloss on it

Has anyone stretched canvas? what material is your favorite and why?

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• EJ4RIa7B7_orig.jpg
    EJ4RIa7B7_orig.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 271

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello,

My name is Franklin from Orlando, F.L. Thank you in advance to anyone who shares their thoughts and opinions with me. Working alone and not having anyone to bounce ideas with or anyone to get inspiration from can sometimes be dreadful. So yes! Thank you in advance!

I'm using a L25500

Does anyone know what is the best material to use when stretching canvas
So far I've ordered and used

LexJet Sunset Photo Canvas Paper 230g (i was very excited and did not notice it said "canvas paper" so this was a waste
LexJet Sunset by Fredrix Matte Canvas - on the right track but i wont be ordering again, it just wasn't what i was looking for

I attached a photo of a canvas I purchased through a company I set to produce canvas like. Not sure if the photo helps? Looking for something that has a pregloss on it

Has anyone stretched canvas? what material is your favorite and why?

Any help is appreciated!

I am a material nerd who can help you out, email me, jcormany@gansink.com I am here to help you but if you don't reach out to me then their is nothing I can do.

Franklin

We have used HPs everyday satin canvas and also magics general canvas with good results on the older latexs

Then I'd image you simply used the premade profiles in onyx for the HP everyday and downloaded the magics general profile from their website. Or did you use create your own profile?

I looked into magic, just requested some samples and a quote on the general canvas since theirs no prices on the website.

The HP Everyday Satin Canvas- 60in x 75ft (which is the size i'd need) is $260 I may just get this and give it a try. That said what would you use or/ what have you used to practice on to get the profile right before using the satin cavnas. I would hate to waste material on profiles getting it right.

Thanks for letting me pry! I know that this is what the forum is for but still thank you so much!

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have always built our own or modified working profiles. The HP profiles through onyx suck! Intellicoat Magics profiles we're always really good starting points. You can use the built in I to dial in the colors better too.