• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Striping on export

Chriswagner92

Can someone please tell me what is causing this to happen. I need to create a wireframe so i can route it out, but when i export it from flexi, it creates these weird stripes that make it almost impossible to create a clean wireframe. I tried exporting it as both an eps and a dxf, my flexi doesnt have a dwg option, and it still creates the bands. In flexi the lines don't show but when I export they do. I even tried solid fill, then no fill, and even just an outline. Am I doing something wrong?

Graphic2.jpg Graphic1.jpg

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Unfortunately this is a byproduct of eps files and gradients, as you already know. Since you are using CorelDraw, try welding the letters together. This helps 80% of the time. If that dont work, heaven forbid, convert the letters to raster and trace them back to vector. Its a bummer that the file you recieved from your customer was probably already gradient stripped, and you just couldn't tell.

This also works sometimes: Since it's right in Flexi, Make the page size fit the vectors in Flexi and export it as a PDF, and then export it as an EPS from Corel.

Chriswagner92

can you do arrange -> shaping -> boundary on those ones?

I dont have that option in flexi, im on 8.5v1 if that makes a difference. When i try welding in corel some will work fine and others will get cut off and not work at all. Its like the stripes are sections of the letters, so it wont pick up the whole thing as an outline

Chriswagner92

so i know i found a work around when i started working on this project before, but i found out why flexi was being all wacky. Apparantly there was a mask on the letters that i didn't find until i went to go print out a paper pattern. Lesson Learned.