• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stupid IP Address Question

Idea Design

So here goes:

First please don't think I'm a huge jackass; I've set my printer, cutter, and all my equipment up in two different shops now on my own and everything works fine.

My wife is in charge of the new shop and yesterday she decided to switch the printer and the cutter places in the shop.

She was sending a banner print to the printer and production manager was reporting: RIPing Done. She called me and immediately I recognized that as a problem communicating with the printer.

So here's my question:

Is 192.168.0.60 the same as 192.168.000.060?

I've never had to ask this question before. Normally I would go down there and troubleshoot it myself, but can't make it down the stairs with the broken leg.

ValueJet 1204. If the answer to the question is no, how is it that I change from three digits to either one digit or two? 000 to 0 and 060 to 60?

Thanks in advance.

CS-SignSupply

Should be the same but I have seen some software RIPs require all 12 numbers, including preceding zeros.

Simply moving the cutter and printer should not make a difference. They should still hold the same IP address.

Question, did she move the computer or any other network hardware? Check the Computers IP address to verify that it is in the same class, 192.168.0.x

Idea Design

She only moved the printer to have easier access to the back. She didn't unplug the cat5 cable, just power long enough to switch places with the cutter.

i can't figure out why the static IP would jump for no reason, and how to only have one or two digits in the last two calls. Is there a way to backspace digits out when applying a static IP address to this printer?

CS-SignSupply

You could set using ARP command and Mac address but chances are you should have setup software that came with the Mutoh, or possibly change it within the printers menu system.

I have not worked with the Mutoh units much.