• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Styrene on my Latex 370??

michsanford

Any suggestions on how to successfully print styrene on my Latex 370? I turn up the heat, so it will dry, and it warps terribly....turn down the heat, and it doesn't dry.

Thanks!!

dypinc

Probably not compatible, but you could try this.

At 20pass, lowest heat highest airflow, if ink not dry then start raising heat 5 degrees at a time and raise Optimizer 5% at the same time. If ink is still not dry when it starts warping, then lower heat 5 degrees and add more inter-pass delay.

Good luck

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Maybe I'm wrong, but you need a UV curing printer to print on styrene period, don't you? I have never heard of anyone printing direct to any substrate beyond vinyl, banner, or fabrics.

Probably not compatible, but you could try this.

At 20pass, lowest heat highest airflow, if ink not dry then start raising heat 5 degrees at a time and raise Optimizer 5% at the same time. If ink is still not dry when it starts warping, then lower heat 5 degrees and add more inter-pass delay.

Good luck

This

just keep slowing it down and lowering the temp until your dry and it's not warping. Problem is you might never reach a point where it cures correctly to the material. So even if it's dried and still flat it might just flake right off.