• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation at outdoor Events

Silenceshh

We are small business and mainly have been doing work for local people and etsy. We would like to do outdoor events but we are unsure how the printer would be outside in elements like heat and humidity.

The darn thing seems to get a little figity even with humidity in the house. We also keep most of our blank products in containers with silica "do not eat"s. It seems a like even the bakers paper to put on top of the sublimation paper and blank holds the moisture and can alter the image.

we would like to use customer images and not premade items.

so my question is have you, or do you know anyone, who has printed outside and events successfully? Have you had acess to electricity and not popped breakers?

We do not have the capital to buy an enclosed trailer and/or a silent generator. I would really like to do more outside of our home and etsy, but I am scared to mess up our equipment.

binki

I have seen this done but you have to have your sh!t together. Otherwise I wouldn't even try it. We did the same thing for an annual festival with our storefront (we were in the middle of it) and couldn't handle the volume.

People at these events want to 'see and buy' right there. If you are taking time to print and press you will not be able to service the majority of customers that will impulse buy.

Silenceshh

I have big ideas but would need a lot more money to make them come true..lol..

But it for now I was wanting to start with quick press stuff, you know like NOT mugs..

I know now there is such a huge market and I know we are not fully taking advantage of it.

Alanmcp

I have been set up at a flea market in Pinellas county, FL for about 2 months selling Dye Sub phone cases, vinyl signs and decals. I have not had any issues with my printer as of now. I also leave all my equipment there over the week.

My best advise is to have a plan and know how you want to set up before you get there. I am in a covered space but no ac.

My biggest concern would be if it where to rain. Have a plan to protect your equipment and be able to keep selling at the same time.

I have my printer, laptop, heatpress, cutter, and more all and have not had any problems with power. I would go and check out where you want to set up before you go.

Best of luck,

speedneeds

We use to setup at drag strips. We had a 28' enclosed trailer with an a/c unit which helped with some of the humidity problems. Also helped with running 2 heat presses at 400 degrees :thumb:. We had a photographer taking photos and 2 or 3 people working in the trailer and 1 or 2 working outside taking orders. It was insane at the amount of business that we got. We done so well that one race track offered us a store on location. We did refuse the offer due to the distance from our location and it would have been only seasonal weekends. Had to quit doing it due to family and health issues, but it is amazing how much a racer will spend for something with a picture of his/her car on it.

Sublimation printing need very stable room temperature and humidity , otherwise the result will be bad , because sublimation paper is "paper", it absorbs the moisture in the air.

Bro-Sis Inc.
Manufacturer & Exporter of Sublimation Paper vs Sublimation Ink