• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation help

Craig Keller

I did a sublimation metal cup and a coffee cup. With same file. The coffee cup is a lot brighter and pops better. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Craig Keller

Here they are

Attachments

• 20221116_195910.jpg
    20221116_195910.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
Do you know what type of coating each one has? Seems like there shouldn't be much difference, but there are different types. Did you use an adhesion promoter on either one?

47CP

Those two items press differently regardless, but that is pretty drastic. I assume you varied time and temp according the recommendation of the blank manufacturer?

What kind of printer? On Sawgrass, you need to select the "profile" that matches the substrate.

It really looks like lack of time, temp or pressure though

DaveW

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Your time and temp are likely just off on the steel. Some of the coatings on the steel cups definitely aren't as bright but it should be a lot better than that.

Either:
-the blank is bad
-time and temp are off (would put money on this one)
-possibly and issue with the way you're wrapping the steel cup ONLY if you're doing it in an oven . If it's in a mug press it's got to be time and temp.
-there are no other explanations if your two transfers are from the same batch

Adhesion promoter is for UV printing not for sublimation