• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation ink like jelly

benski

Lost my cayan color on Mutoh 900x and tried pulling ink through dampener and no luck. Then I realized the refillable cart ink was like jelly. So thick it would not flow. All other colors were fine. My ink is high quality and not cheap. Anybody know what made it turn into molasses ?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This is the problem with refillable cartridges. It exposes the ink to air and over time the pigments separate from solution and settle to the bottom. You'll need to clean everything out and start with some fresh ink.

benski

This is the problem with refillable cartridges. It exposes the ink to air and over time the pigments separate from solution and settle to the bottom. You'll need to clean everything out and start with some fresh ink.
I see. Ok I flushed the system with water and alcohol and things are ok now. Thanks.