• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sublimation tshirt pricing

Spencer McMurtry

I just started selling sublimation tshirts, i am unsure of what to charge. I am using vaporware shirts and a richoh 3300 with sublijet r ink i esitimate my material costs at 6$ per shirt and $2 in ink / paper. I am thinking $20 each front only $25 front and back. The price would drop $5 if you buy more than 10.

Looking for advice from people already selling them!

Thanks!

tomence

$20 is a good starting price. Lowest i would go is $15 over 10 just like you said but nothing lower than that. Also how is your Ricoh printer working out with the sublimation inks. I use Epson 1400 but heard that Ricoh is better which i can't believe but might be true.

Spencer McMurtry

The First Ricoh e3300n i bought from bestblanks arrived broken (due to fedex shipping damage) the 2nd one i received worked perfect, i have only had it for 2 weeks but i have had no issues or had todo any head cleaning. The ink costs seem Exteremely high and it is a little limiting only being able to print 8.5x14. i bought this as a "starter" printer to see if i wanted to invest more money in sublimation the printer / ink / transfer sheets was around $550. A set of 30ml inks (cmyk) is $208.00 plus ship?!?! how much is your ink?

tomence

I use Sublijet IQ bulk ink system and the refiill bags of 110ml each cost me around $150 and it's a 6 color 13" x 19" epson 1400. so around $850-900 for the ink. I can buy carts for like $80 each but is not worth it.

WildWestDesigns

That does seem to be the biggest issue is the price of inks with regard to this. Although i really like how the end product looks and feels compared to others.