• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suddenly getting these bands in print - 560

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Having issues suddenly with some bands in my solid colors. First time this has happened.
I have cleaned the encoder strip, and I just ran a printhead test plot. All looks good, no dropouts in the nozzles. Any other ideas what is happening? They aren't uniform....intermittent all through this teal stripe where it's most noticeable.

Attachments

• bands.jpg
    bands.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 308

Simon kaye

Having issues suddenly with some bands in my solid colors. First time this has happened.
I have cleaned the encoder strip, and I just ran a printhead test plot. All looks good, no dropouts in the nozzles. Any other ideas what is happening? They aren't uniform....intermittent all through this teal stripe where it's most noticeable.
Are your carriage rails clean and lubricated? Sometimes the media can aquire little dips from the pinch rollers

eahicks

Are your carriage rails clean and lubricated? Sometimes the media can aquire little dips from the pinch rollers
Yes rails are clean and lubricated. Machine is well maintained. That's why this is so odd to see happen suddenly on this machine.
I'm not sure what the pinch rollers have to do with that though.

danno

Have you tried a different roll on media? If there was an issue running the length of the web, if could be the media.

eahicks

Have you tried a different roll on media? If there was an issue running the length of the web, if could be the media.
This happened on two different rolls of the same media. It's doing it across (carriage travel)

eahicks

Looks like like ink starvation. Try to add a wide gutter bar and try again
That's what I thought, but I'm running a 1" color bar. Changed one printhead that was very high usage, but still looked great in status plot. Didn't change the issue.

flyplainsdrifta

are you coming up on smk 3 at all? we're having a similar problem with yellow. we just hit the threshold for it and im wondering if its related.

eahicks

are you coming up on smk 3 at all? we're having a similar problem with yellow. we just hit the threshold for it and im wondering if its related.
Hmmmm... yes SMK 3 is about due. I kinda thought about that, but since I don't see this in any other colors but this teal in this job, I was focused on ink and printheads.

flyplainsdrifta

yeahh. so was i for a while. thought we got like a bad batch of heads. 4 replacements later in a month, im highly doubting that. ill keep an eye on the thread and my other operator who runs that machine now. ill get back to you at some point. these issues look similar to ours out of caution, ill keep notes and share with you once we have an idea whats going on with ours.

jimmmi

That's what I thought, but I'm running a 1" color bar. Changed one printhead that was very high usage, but still looked great in status plot. Didn't change the issue.

Try only CMYK profile. Sometimes LC-LM printhead has this effects if very much ink needed in solid colors

eahicks

Changed LC/LM head yesterday, one of the C/K heads today, and replaced maintenance cartridge. Looks like that fixed the issue. Running the job again to know for sure.