• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Suddenly Lost yellow on CJV30-130

Jesse Cy

Hello, a few weeks ago I completely lost yellow on both channels. It is a used printer we bought just recently, so I changed the cap and the pump, and no matter what I do I can't get the yellow to come back.

After I cleaned the original cap It seemed to have lost it's vacuum, but the new pump and cap seem to be working very well. Checked the solenoids, they seem to be working well. Could there maybe be an air lock in the lines?

We're over 4 hours away from the nearest tech and so I'm on my own with this. Any suggestions as to what I should check next? I've been all over the forums and I'm not sure what else to try.

Thank you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
First thing to check is the ink cartridge. Sometimes the cartridge will be empty and not flag the machine properly which will cause the yellow to back up. Other than that, you might need new dampers.

Jesse Cy

First thing to check is the ink cartridge. Sometimes the cartridge will be empty and not flag the machine properly which will cause the yellow to back up. Other than that, you might need new dampers.

It is aftermarket ink, but I have a few of them, and none of them are working when I swap them out. I also put in a new chip on one of them. They light up green, but nothing.

Could a bad damper cause a sudden dropout on both lines?

Thank you so much for you reply!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is aftermarket ink, but I have a few of them, and none of them are working when I swap them out. I also put in a new chip on one of them. They light up green, but nothing.

Could a bad damper cause a sudden dropout on both lines?

Thank you so much for you reply!

If you have a CMYKx2 setup one bad damper can affect both channels since they are connected. One way you can test things out is to swab the yellow dampers with another color next to them, run a cleaning cycle, and then print a nozzle check. If the yellow prints in the new position but the other color doesn't, you might have a head issue. If the yellow still doesn't print in the new position, either the damper or some other part above the print head is failing. Do you see ink in the lines and damper?

Jesse Cy

I did an ink fill with a new damper and it doesn't seem to be filling much at all. Wondering if I did it wrong. I was going to open the solenoids through the maintenance menu again and tip the damper to see if it will fill. About to do that now actually.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The circle part of the damper should be about half full and it's usually a little lower. You also shouldn't see any air in the ink line above.

Jesse Cy

I can't seem to get the dampers to fill up no matter what I do. Would air in the lines cause this?

I did open the solenoids when I tried to fill them by pressing the circle, and still nothing.

Also, I have not tried using a syringe to pull ink in, there seems to be some discussion as to whether this is necessary or not with these types of printers. Is what I should try next?

Last edited:

Alan Menhennet

I can't seem to get the dampers to fill up no matter what I do. Would air in the lines cause this?

I did open the solenoids when I tried to fill them by pressing the circle, and still nothing.

Also, I have not tried using a syringe to pull ink in, there seems to be some discussion as to whether this is necessary or not with these types of printers. Is what I should try next?
I tried this once and for the life of me couldnt get the dampers filled. The technician came out... Used a syringe and worked. So there is some techique to it. But from what Ive seen is you have to use a syringe

L.D

If you open the ink valve, turn the damper upside down and pull with syringe to get the air out then turn right side up it will fill up nicely!