• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for auto vector software?

LightHouse

anyone

Saw Imagaro Z at a trade show... any feedback on that? I dont have flexi however, Does flexi even have that feature?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I own a licensed copy of Imagaro Z and rarely use it. It's very awkward if you want to clean your vectors after you trace them and lacks certain basics one would expect from a program in this price range.

Flexi has, depending on how you count them, five different built-in autotracing applications ... which is appropriate for a program in its price range. It also features excellent path cleanup tools for after you autotrace.

The best bang for the buck though is from either CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator. Both have excellent autotracing built-in and adequate path cleanup tools.

LightHouse

I have CS2 Fred, live trace or whatever has not worked for me, maybe i am not using it correctly. Is there somewhere iwth a break down of how to use it effciently?

ps sorry for the horrible spelling, haha.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have CS2 Fred, live trace or whatever has not worked for me, maybe i am not using it correctly. Is there somewhere iwth a break down of how to use it effciently?

Not sure ... I just kind of wandered into it and practiced with the presets and the controls.

A Google Search turns up lots of tutorials. Check it out and let us know which one(s) helped you.