• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Cut barcode server help.

lennybennett

Hi all,

I think this is my first ever request for help on here!

I am printing on a hp latex 360 with onyx poster shop 12 as my rip and sending print and cut to my summa ST through summa cut barcode server.

Last week the hard drive on the printer PC died. After a power cut.

Long story shortened. Everything re installed but the contour cut data was saved locally on that computer and I have around 50m of print ready to be cut and some redundant barcodes!

Is there anyway if skipping the barcode and cutting manually ?

Cheers, Lee.

Snydo

If the file was saved after printing, or you could duplicate exactly the layout of your print you can still cut these. Start to print the files you need cut files for, after the barcode prints you can cancel the job, and then use the barcode number in summa cutter control via the 'Action', 'Cut File' and then manually enter the new barcode number.

lennybennett

thanks for your replies here...... i solved it using something along you methods. so if anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. my work around was, i deleted all the .plt files in the onyx folder. sent the said job through in onyx to the printer and cancelled straight away leaving only the file i needed in the rip, then went into cut server, actions, cut file and pointed the opos to the first marker and all worked well.......... I will add as i had a computer breakdown, summa cut could not pair with the computer until i installed the usb drivers again from summas website. hope this post saves others the many hours i wasted searching but eventually finding the answers

cornholio

thanks for your replies here...... i solved it using something along you methods. so if anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation. my work around was, i deleted all the .plt files in the onyx folder. sent the said job through in onyx to the printer and cancelled straight away leaving only the file i needed in the rip, then went into cut server, actions, cut file and pointed the opos to the first marker and all worked well.......... I will add as i had a computer breakdown, summa cut could not pair with the computer until i installed the usb drivers again from summas website. hope this post saves others the many hours i wasted searching but eventually finding the answers
Good solution to circumvent the barcode.