• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa Cutter is Cutting 1/16 Off Contour Cut Line

Sebastion

Sebastion
Hello! I have been having immense difficulty with the tracking on my Summa S160 D series plotter constantly cutting my contour cuts lines slightly to the left about 1/16 of an inch which is a big issue for what I am cutting. When I try to do a media alignment the camera goes way to far to the left when it gets to the other side and can't find the registration mark. I have already tried a the OPOS Calibration and it didn't seem to do much. Please help! I have no clue what I am doing. Thank you :)

Last edited:

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Sebastion,

It sounds like it's time to run an OPOS calibration on your Summa. I have attached instructions for the OPOS calibration process to this message. We also offer tech support on the older Summa cutters as well in case you would prefer to have a tech walk you through the process and do any other troubleshooting that may be required. More information on the different tech plans we offer can be found here - https://www.airmark.com/collections/technical-support-plans.

Feel free to PM me here or send me an email to philj@airmark.com if there's anything I can do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Attachments

• OPOS CALIBRATION.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 425

Sebastion

Sebastion
Hi Sebastion,

It sounds like it's time to run an OPOS calibration on your Summa. I have attached instructions for the OPOS calibration process to this message. We also offer tech support on the older Summa cutters as well in case you would prefer to have a tech walk you through the process and do any other troubleshooting that may be required. More information on the different tech plans we offer can be found here - https://www.airmark.com/collections/technical-support-plans.

Feel free to PM me here or send me an email to philj@airmark.com if there's anything I can do to help.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

I have already tried this option and it didn't seem to fix anything, thank you though :)

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Sebastion,

Did you just run the calibration once or did you run it multiple times? Our techs usually run the calibration at least 2-3 times because you can improve the accuracy by running more than one calibration. If these cuts are always off in the same direction by roughly the same amount it is usually an OPOS calibration issue. If the cuts get progressively worse over the length there could be other factors causing the inaccuracies. Also, what software are you using for design and RIP?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Sebastion

Sebastion
Hi Sebastion,

Did you just run the calibration once or did you run it multiple times? Our techs usually run the calibration at least 2-3 times because you can improve the accuracy by running more than one calibration. If these cuts are always off in the same direction by roughly the same amount it is usually an OPOS calibration issue. If the cuts get progressively worse over the length there could be other factors causing the inaccuracies. Also, what software are you using for design and RIP?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

I ran it two times and it followed the edges fine. With what I am cutting now it is the consistent amount off but what I was cutting yesterday it was getting progressively worse as it went through the cutter and the graphic was twice the size of what I was cutting today (about 70 inches long). I am using Flexi 9 and Postershop RIP Onyx software.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
When was the last time you changed the pinch rollers on this cutter? Have you run any tracking tests to see if the material is "walking" as it is being fed forward? Have you had any cutting accuracy issues with this material in the past?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Sebastion

Sebastion
When was the last time you changed the pinch rollers on this cutter? Have you run any tracking tests to see if the material is "walking" as it is being fed forward? Have you had any cutting accuracy issues with this material in the past?

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

I don't think we have ever replaced the pinch rollers, I doubt any of us in the shop I work in would know how to. I'm not sure how to run tracking tests besides a media calibration and no we haven't had this much difficulty with the material, we only ever cut one kind on our plotter.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Do you use the OPOS Barcode on everything? I have found it is pretty much 99.99999% accurate with it, but if I run something without it, it can be off a tiny bit. When the plotter measures that bar it seems to keep it perfect.

C

ColoPrinthead

I spoke with a very helpful Airmark tech 2 days ago and he had me run the OPOS calibration 5 times, FWIW

Sebastion

Sebastion
Hello! I have been having immense difficulty with the tracking on my Summa S160 D series plotter constantly cutting my contour cuts lines slightly to the left about 1/16 of an inch which is a big issue for what I am cutting. When I try to do a media alignment the camera goes way to far to the left when it gets to the other side and can't find the registration mark. I have already tried a the OPOS Calibration and it didn't seem to do much. Please help! I have no clue what I am doing. Thank you :)

Issue has been resolved! Thank you