• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Cutting Control Resetting - S2T160

NITOS

Calling all Summa users. Anyone know why the Alignment Mode keeps resetting while we're cutting in Cutter Control?

We set it to Force Opos XY and when we're roll cutting we usually find it switching to Opos XY mid roll and it throws the alignment off by a millimeter.

I get that they should technically be the same, but when we cut via Force OPOS XY we get almost 99% cutting accuracy, and when we notice it deviating from its accuracy it's always switched back to Opos XY.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-20 122329.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 122329.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 249

cornholio

Could be a bug. My first action would be a firmware update 27 ist the actual, you use 26. It also looks like you have a Summa with OPOS camera. This may be different from the "normal" OPOS, since the image processing is done in the PC (Cutter control).
If a firmware update doesn't help, contact summa in Belgium.

jerry369

We set it to Force Opos XY and when we're roll cutting we usually find it switching to Opos XY mid roll and it throws the alignment off by a millimeter.
What program do you use to generate the cutting data? It could be the software resetting the alignment mode.

NITOS

What program do you use to generate the cutting data? It could be the software resetting the alignment mode.
we are printing on Onyx Gama Print! From their cut server it creates a cut file and sends it to a hot folder where Cutting Control retrieves the file. There is a section to switch it between the OPOS modes, but there is no Force OPOS XY option.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-22 201751.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-22 201751.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 92

jerry369

Now you know that it is ONYX that changes the alignment mode set on the plotter. It remains to understand why with "Force OPOS XY" the job is done better than with "OPOS XY", in theory they should be the same, in theory...
The only thing I would recommend you is to perform a precise "OPOS calibration (material)". Also make sure that while the plotter is sampling the XY line the material doesn't have some kind of impediment that makes it lift and that distorts the reading, how much margin is there between the leading edge of the material and the XY line?