• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D120R: How to reduce speed?

RG

Is there a way to slow the speed that the plotter advanced vinyl? I'm not talking about cutting speed. That's not a problem. For example, if I have a 15' job to cut in 48" cut vinyl and the plotter always cuts "holes" first. Let's say that there is a hole at the beginning and a hole at the end of the cut job. I want to slow the speed that the plotter advances from cutting the hole at the beginning to the hole at the end of the cut job. I need more time to make sure the vinyl doesn't get crinkled and crooked in the catch basket. Here is what the owner's manual says under "How to set the cutting speed": "There is one fixed speed: the speed at which the cutter pulls the media from the roll. This speed is fixed at 200 mm/s (8ips)." So, it looks like there is no adjustment for advancing speed. Just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Thanks for any input here.

jerry369

Use Summa Cutter Control to modify the two parameters: "Up velocity" and "Up acceleration". By default they are set to DEFAULT.
The changes are applied only to the current user/configuration.

RG

Jerry, thank you very much for your detailed and spot on reply. I downloaded the program and it worked perfectly. I really appreciate your help.

Jerry, thank you very much for your detailed and spot on reply. I downloaded the program and it worked perfectly. I really appreciate your help.
I learned something new today. I'm sure there should be a setting on the Graphtec as well. I'm going to check it out. Thanks!