• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa D160 stops

Hi!

I have a Summa D160 that I run with barcode function. But I have some problems here...
I print roll to roll, and when I put the roll into the summa and starts reading the barcode it just do one job before I have to restart the process. Does somebody have a clue why this happens?

For info:
•Run both Onyx Rip and Summe Cutter control on parallels on a MacBook Pro.
•From the Mac we have an ethernet cable to a switch, then one cable to the printer and one to cutter.(everything is just wired, not connected to any online internett) (Tried to just go from the Mac to the cutter)
•It worked fine in the start but suddenly stoped.
•Have tried to run the barcode from both sides on the vinyl.
•Printing sheets with 5x5cm stickers. Both big and small jobs stops. But sometimes it can run 2-3 jobs.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Why are you running both Onyx and Summa cutter control? Use Onyx only. You can't have two connections to the cutter at same time.

You should make sure you have a shielded ethernet cable in use. Otherwise you can have issues.

So you make the cut files outside of onyx?

Check the network cable first.

Onyx Cut Server send the finished cut files to a local folder where Summa Cutter Control gets the files. We have had no problem with finding the files. It seems the problem occurs when the cutter is finished with the current job and want to talk to Summa Cutter Control to get a new file. We get no information in the log from Summa Cutter Control, it is like it is disconnected from the cutter. To start up å new job, we have to stop and start Barcode server again. It wil then run one job and then same problem..

We have changed out all cables, so we dont think the problem lays there..

lloyd-andre

it looks like power management is rearing it's ugly head

try this:

https://wccftech.com/fix-internet-not-working-after-waking-mac/

are you (the macbook) a wired connection or wireless?
We have turned of all power management and sleep modes on both mac and "windows"/"parallels". Even tried what the article says, still no difference..

The Macbook is both wired and wireless. The macbook is connected to wireless internett so we can use it like normal. And it is connected through ethernet cable(not connected to online internett) that goes straight to the cutter and printer.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Onyx Cut Server send the finished cut files to a local folder where Summa Cutter Control gets the files. We have had no problem with finding the files. It seems the problem occurs when the cutter is finished with the current job and want to talk to Summa Cutter Control to get a new file. We get no information in the log from Summa Cutter Control, it is like it is disconnected from the cutter. To start up å new job, we have to stop and start Barcode server again. It wil then run one job and then same problem..

We have changed out all cables, so we dont think the problem lays there..
Okay but I don't understand why. Onyx has built in barcode server, you don't need the summa cutter control.

To confirm, is your cable now Shielded CAT-6 or better?