• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa d60 skipping random cuts

kesler4signs

I am having problems with a d60. It skips a line or part of a line in cut or draw mode. I changed the blade, cutting strip and knife holder. Still skipping. I wrote out my name and in draw mode wrote the name on paper. It dropped the line at the top of the s several time. Any suggestions.

rcook99

How old is the plotter? Also can you take a picture of the cutting head with the cover off. Make sure the cutter is turned off grab the cutting head shaft (just the shaft that moves up and down when cutting) and see if it can be pulled down as if it was going to cut. You are looking to see if it is sticking in the up position. If it is I might have a fix for you. On the older T750's the cutting shaft would stick at the top and the only fix was a new head. After trying different ideas I came up with one that worked for mine as well as 2 other people with the same problem. It is a very cheap fix but it works.

kesler4signs

Summa D60 cutting problem.

How old is the plotter? Also can you take a picture of the cutting head with the cover off. Make sure the cutter is turned off grab the cutting head shaft (just the shaft that moves up and down when cutting) and see if it can be pulled down as if it was going to cut. You are looking to see if it is sticking in the up position. If it is I might have a fix for you. On the older T750's the cutting shaft would stick at the top and the only fix was a new head. After trying different ideas I came up with one that worked for mine as well as 2 other people with the same problem. It is a very cheap fix but it works.

Thank you for the come back. I have an appointment this morning at 9 am but will get back to you.

The plotter is 13 years old. It is only used lightly and has been a great machine until this problem occured.

kesler4signs

my SummaN

Hi I think the photos of the print head are attached.

Jim kesler

Attachments

• 20131230_070308.jpg
    20131230_070308.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 20131230_070208.jpg
    20131230_070208.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 192

OTRengraving

RCook99 I am having similar issues to this.

You said you may have a cheap fix for this I was hoping you could share what you did to fix the head from sticking in the up position..

Thanks in Advance

Lenny