• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D75 Added pinch roller SUCCESS !

autoexebat

D75 CUTTER MOD.jpg
View attachment 151720 As I was told by a few different people / places . On the Summa D75R 30 inch cutter , a 3rd pinch roller can NOT be added . If you want a 3rd roller you need to purchase a different model and that is $5000.00.

After looking at my machine over and over and over again I said ... there HAS to be way ! I was desperate to make this work because when cutting thick materials , when the blade is moving over the other parts it would leave deep scratches.

Well , I got out my camera and nut drivers and started to rip this thing apart !

Took me about 1 hour from start to finish because you have to really take your time with it and make sure its correct.

Scale from 1-10 for difficulty, 10 being the hardest I have to give this a 8 .

So can it be added and work correctly and not leave marks in the material . YES
(Forgot to mention , Technically this cutter can have 5 rollers on it if needed)

Last edited:

autoexebat

@#$% yeah! Nice job. :)

Thanks !! I ran a bunch of tests and I'm back to printing jobs with zero scratches ... Super happy with my technical skills ! Super glad I didn't listen to Summa directly lol .

I took a video and I may even write up a HOW-TO if needed .

Last edited: