• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SUMMA D750 and Inspire 1.5

jbennett

Hey guys it has been a long time. I have been so busy cutting vinyl that I haven't had much time lately. MY question is, a few months ago when I press the cut icon from my inspire program, the D750 will no longer cut. I have tried reinstalling the drivers on my Inspire cd, but with no luck. I have been having to use a generic driver, save each cut to a plt file and cut using a summa utility indirectly. I am needing help getting the gap bridged in order to get the cutter cutting directly once again. All help is GREATLY appreciated. Could it possibly be that the driver I have has become corrupt? or some communications settings that I am missing? It is pointing to the right port (com 1, 9 pin serial).

:signs101:

Thanks in advance,
jbennett

Bill Heishman

You need to make sure that the plotter is set to the same com speed as the com port on your computer. The d-750 has a menu that you can step through and set the speed and other port settings, or you can use the program that is supplied with the plotter from Summa and set it via the keyboard.

Check the com speed/ data bits etc. on your computer port with your Windows device manager.

I use 19,200 baud/ 8 data bits / 1 stop bit / hardware flow control for my settings there.

You could probably read up in your plotter's owners manual for more info or step-by-step instructions if you need them..

Maybe this will help. Hope it does.

Bill

jbennett

:thankyou:

I checked all settings and they line up. I have tried everything. Does anyone have a driver for Inspire 1.5 and a d750 cutter that they can send me. I recently upgraded to Windows XP, but it is the same exact problem that I have had for months when I was using Windows 98 also. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the input Bill. I need your help on this one.

Jeff

Pro Image

Is your OCC program opening up? That is what drives your cutter in Inspire.

You do know that your 1.5 will not work with XP. If you want to use Inspire you have to buy Inspire XP Pro same program just encoded for XP. If you can't find a better solution I have 1.6 pro and will send you a copy to see if it will help you out...................:thumb:

ChiknNutz

That is why there is an InspireXP pro version out, the old one will NOT work on XP. I don't know all the intracacies of the it, just that they've had to redesign it for XP.

jbennett

Guys,

My OCC is opening up, and my Inspire 1.5 IS working with XP except for the one problem that I developed some time ago in sending directly to the cutter. I DID have to go to Alladin's website and download the latest driver for the dongle (HASP 4). It would NOT have worked without it. I could definitley use the version that you guys are talking about. I wonder if it basically just incorporates new drivers etc. for the XP OS. All help is appreciated.

jbennett@vallnet.com

Jeff

:U Rock:

jbennett

An update to this post. I finally had some extra time yesterday. I called summa support and was walked through several steps and finally my cutter is cutting directly again (It was a DMPL vs. HPGL problem). I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you to be very careful when being coaxed to upgrade your software due to incompatibility with your O.S. I know that it does happen, but I have miles of cut vinyl as proof that the old version of Inspire IS ABSOLUTELY compatible with Windows XP. I was told time and again that it would not work by tech support/sales people. Make sure that any software is incompatible before shelling out the cash if you like what you have. All that basically had to be done was to download the FREE hasp dongle driver upgrade from the maufacturers website. Not trying to knock anyone out of a sale, but only trying to help the consumer save some money by not spending needlessly.

jbennett