• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D750 Cutting Problem

sfraser

Hi all - new member. I've already learned alot from reading through threads. I have a problem with my older Summa D750 that recently surfaced.

When I start a plot, the knife slowly lowers to the vinyl as the x & y axis have started moving, resulting in the plot not being cut for the first few inches. This happens whether I send a cutting file from the computer (I use an old version of SignLab) but also happens when I am strictly doing test plots from the plotter menu, so I believe it is a result of something not right on the plotter itself. I've scoured the manual, and have tried different settings, but can't find anything obvious that would be causing this. This started happening a couple of months ago for no apparent reason.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to troubleshoot or solve this problem are appreciated - thank you!