• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC4Sx - whos running it?

customsticker

I have been in contact with summa about getting one of these machines. They are of course very confident of it's abilities. Now it's time to hear the users side of things. I have samples coming in the mail and have seen what it's capable of. It definitely isn't as pretty as an inkjet, but it gets the job done for sure.

Do you find it a worthwhile investment for only printing onto clear? (This is the only reason I will be purchasing one, to print white).

What are your experiences with printing onto clear?

Is the banding an issue for you?

How do you like the software and flexibility of setting up a bare bones jpg file, and slapping it onto clear with a white base being laid down first?

Any other stand out experiences (specifically onto clear), let me know! Everything I have seen here, I have asked the dealer directly about it; which has been a huge help.

Thanks!

PGSigns

I have one and it works great for what we do. I would recommend going through one of there dealers like Oldham Group. Having the dealer involved when you get it and making sure its good to go is a big help.
Jimmy

imakeitwork

I've had one now for about 6 mos. and love it! I've printed on just about anything and everything from lower grade cals. to holographics and custom films. Works very well on clear and we do alot of that. Also just put a new Summa D75R plotter next to it to handle OPOS cutting of overlaminated prints as the DC4SX isn't so good at realigning and OPOS reading after removing a print especially with a laminate.

It's a good investment.

Mike T

Attachments

• DSC00558.jpg
    DSC00558.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 150