• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC5 Cutting 7/8" off on some profiles

asare

Hi Everyone,

We've been having an issue with our DC5 for a while now, where certain profiles will randomly start to cut 7/8" to the left(relative to the printer) of where it is supposed to.
It seems to be almost exactly 7/8" as offsetting our cut lines by that much works ok, but it does not solve the issue.

Once a profile starts having this problem, we have not found a solution aside from using a new profile slot, but we are running out as the problem spreads....
I have compared all values within Printer Control for both profiles as well as the values within the .sdc backup files, but have been unable to find the root cause.
I have tried restoring all profiles to default; manually, as well as through the machines service menu. Even this does not fix it.

Is there a factory reset for the machine?
Has anyone had this problem before and found a solution?

We are running out of profiles to use and will soon be unable to print properly...
Any help would be appreciated greatly :)

I've attached some photos of the issue below

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 177
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 113
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 117

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you don't get a reply with a solution to your issue in this thread, you may want to consider booking some time with one of the Adendo Advisors who specialize in Summa. Here's a link.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Is you blade in the proper position on the carriage? My Summa had the same issue in the front back direction, exactly 7/8ths off and it was because the blade had been installed in the pounce pattern position, not the one for regular cutting.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
There is only one position on the cutting head to mount the blade on the Summa DC so it's likely not that. I have seen the print/cut settings get way out of whack like this before and this may require a combination of running the automated print/cut calibration and some manual adjustments as well. I would start by running a few print cut calibrations until the numbers for each set are as close to 0 as you can get them. Our team still supports the DC Series and you can call our tech team at (800)323-9766 if you need a hand with the calibrations.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com