• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC5 Inconsistent Density Issues

asare

Hi,

We've had a DC5 for quite a few years now and we are starting to run into density issues. When printing solid colors, the density will change throughout the pass. It will start with low density on the left(spotty/faded), ok density in the middle, and too high on the right(ribbon sticks, leaving streaks or breaking ribbon).

We've tried extensively troubleshooting density settings, cleaning the printhead manually, changing individual color densities all with no luck.
I am thinking the printhead may need replacement, but thought I'd check here if anyone had any suggestions.

I've attached some pictures of the issue. You can see that on some passes, it starts quite faded. By the end of the pass, the density is either ok or too high, leading to streaks.

Thank you!

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (9).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 199
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 106
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (11).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 106
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (12).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (12).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 105
  • MicrosoftTeams-image (13).jpg
    MicrosoftTeams-image (13).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 95

Gavgavin

I am having similar issues with our DC4 SX. It only seems to happen with certain ribbons when laying down blocks of colour as in your pictures. Unfortunately i have not found the reason behind it. Hopefully someone on here will have the answer.

unmateria

I dont know that machine, but i think it could be an Ntc problem if it happens with any ribbon. You maybe can replace or calibrate it (search for a service manual). It can be a clutch problem too, but i think those machines doesnt have clutch for ribbon lol