• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa F1612 vacuum not turning off during belt advance

Lunar Graphix

Button Pusher
Our f1612 will not advance media. Normally, while cutting 4x8' sheets, it goes like this: summa cuts a bit, vacuum powers down, carriage moves to rear, carriage grabs sheet/belt and moves to front pulling sheet and belt with it.

Instead, summa is doing this: summa cuts a bit, carriage moves to rear, carriage grabs sheet *then* vacuum powers down, carriage moves to front but fails to bring sheet/belt with it.

Anyone had this issue & can recommend a fix? So far only tried rebooting the summa and the PC running it.

@ PHILJOHNSON

Last edited:

Lunar Graphix

Button Pusher
So the vacuum does shut down, just not fast enough? Have you updated anything recently? Firmware, software?
Have not updated anything recently. We were in the middle of a 1000 sheet job when it started happening.

Axis control firmware 9974.037 build mar 29 2021

It seems like the vacuum isn't shutting off in time, but I can't be certain that's the issue. Checked our airlines and they look fine, couldn't find/hear any leaks.

The feet and carriage function correctly, carriage moves to back, feet shoot down but then just slide over the belt as the carriage returns to the front, belt moves maybe 1-2" instead of the normal full table length

Lunar Graphix

Button Pusher
I also just tried restoring axis control to a previously known working backup from the last time we had the machine serviced and that did not solve the issue. The backup was essentially a copy of what we have been using since last february without issue.

I do think windows updated itself recently, but it does that from time to time & usually without causing problems with our other software.

Also we use goproduce, if that's worth mentioning.