• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa F1612 - Will not cut larger pieces

AJ-CitySigns

We have a Summa F1612 flatbed. We would use the feed occasionally to cut signs larger than the default bed size. The clamps would move the material along the conveyor belt, and resume cutting.
Recently, it has stopped doing this. It will clamp, move, and then not cut the rest. Clamps works fine, air and vacuum are fine, nothing trips safety sensors. It just doesn't cut the second half of the job.

There had been a software update (Summa Axis Control, and SummaFlex Pro) a few months ago, and a few tools we used seemed to move around. We also had a new computer installed at this terminal a few weeks ago, and had issues with getting everything all set up again. Tech support had to come in repeatedly to get the machine connected properly. It was a little while before anyone tried to cut a larger graphic, so we don't know if this happened after the software update, or the terminal update. We have been making do with paneling manually and importing segments small enough to fit in the default space.

I can find little information in the manual about the feed feature, and I can find no one else who seems to be posting about this issue.

Thanks!

Magnitudo

Hi could you post a screenshot of segmentation in Flex? Sometimes if there is nothing to cut on a first part of regmarks it will not feed...

eggnog316

We've been having a similar issue with our F series feed function. It doesn't seem to work properly with certain settings after the new version of GoProduce.

We cut from the backside, so our table will read the reg marks and immediately start feeding the material without cutting instead of giving us a chance to flip the material. We have to turn the feed/conveyers function off whenever we use backside cutting.

Summa tells me to contact my service dealer to figure it out, and my service dealer doesn't answer their emails unless they know they can fix the problem. I've emailed them maybe 10 times about this issue and no answer.

AJ-CitySigns

Hi could you post a screenshot of segmentation in Flex? Sometimes if there is nothing to cut on a first part of regmarks it will not feed...
The preview doesn't even show the segmentation. There used to be a line showing the break, and we could adjust it (to put it between letters instead of cutting through one, for example). I'm just testing a long rectangle, but it is 5ft long, long enough to panel. There is no line, and it only cuts the front section of the shape, feeds it as if it were going to cut the back section, then stops.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-02 103302.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-02 103302.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 165

AJ-CitySigns

We've been having a similar issue with our F series feed function. It doesn't seem to work properly with certain settings after the new version of GoProduce.

We cut from the backside, so our table will read the reg marks and immediately start feeding the material without cutting instead of giving us a chance to flip the material. We have to turn the feed/conveyers function off whenever we use backside cutting.

Summa tells me to contact my service dealer to figure it out, and my service dealer doesn't answer their emails unless they know they can fix the problem. I've emailed them maybe 10 times about this issue and no answer.
Well that sounds fun! lol We have just been paneling manually, but for our larger overheads, it means a lot of labour piecing it all back together.

Hopefully we can fix this ourselves. Trying to coordinate external service providers is tricky.

AJ-CitySigns

I know it's a bit silly but have you tried to download older version of flexi and reinstall
Not a silly idea at all. Unfortunately, we don't have admin access to our computers, and are unable to do anything like that without scheduling tech support to do it, and they are unlikely to approve it because "outdated software is a security risk". We can't even install our own fonts. Sounds silly that a sign department would be a security risk, but here we are.
I'm beginning to suspect that we need to get a technician in to diagnose the problem, and then maybe we would have a solid reason for tech support to approve messing around with the software.

SLord

Give complete information.
Hardware revision number?
The version and name of the program you are using?
Firmware version?

AJ-CitySigns

Update on the situation...

We managed to get a tech from the dealer to come take a look. He did some trouble shooting with me, and it turns out we had a handful of issues.

The easiest fix was that the usb hub inside the machine needed replacing, as well as one of the cords. It was experiencing frequent and brief disconnections that were disrupting the flow of data from the computer to the plotter.

The second issue, not so easily fixed in our case, but should be a smoother process for anyone who doesn't have to deal with an Asset Management department.... Summa Flex Pro is no longer supported, and hasn't been for several years. The tech had GoProduce on his laptop, and tested the plotter from there, and it worked just fine. So we are now in the process of getting GoProduce installed. This should fix the feed problem.

Thanks for the help!