• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa F1612

SWP

Hi Everyone!
Just purchased a Summa F1612. Had a few question. I don’t have 3 phase coming directly to my main box. Need to know what the best 3 phase power converter on the market for this machine (looking for somethibg affordable) Also whats the best rip software to use with this machine. Any other tips for a rookie would be greatly appreciated.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Best RIP? Just use any that supports it... Onyx, Caldera etc. Remember you need the flatbed cutter license.

signage

I would think that someone purchasing a piece of equipment that needs 3 phase would have had how they were going to power it figured out before purchasing. Sounds like putting the cart before the horse!

HulkSmash

Hi Everyone!
Just purchased a Summa F1612. Had a few question. I don’t have 3 phase coming directly to my main box. Need to know what the best 3 phase power converter on the market for this machine (looking for somethibg affordable) Also whats the best rip software to use with this machine. Any other tips for a rookie would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to god you didn't buy from AIRMARK.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
The ADX models from American Rotary would be a very good choice. You can hardwire directly to the machine or install a plug, either way. As for the RIP software, Onyx would be a good option to facilitate the barcode workflow but you would still need to upgrade the GoProduce to add barcode functionality. If you have a separate roll-fed Summa cutter you can also use the Twin Workflow with the upgraded version of GoProduce(pro pack) as well.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112(office)
(509)280-6354(cell)
philj@airmark.com

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
The ADX models from American Rotary would be a very good choice. You can hardwire directly to the machine or install a plug, either way. As for the RIP software, Onyx would be a good option to facilitate the barcode workflow but you would still need to upgrade the GoProduce to add barcode functionality. If you have a separate roll-fed Summa cutter you can also use the Twin Workflow with the upgraded version of GoProduce(pro pack) as well.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112(office)
(509)280-6354(cell)
philj@airmark.com
We also have their ADX series, it's for hard start loads. Their tech support is real good too. We wired ours into a 3 phase subpanel, this way we can always add to it if we have the capacity and need.

SWP

I would think that someone purchasing a piece of equipment that needs 3 phase would have had how they were going to power it figured out before purchasing. Sounds like putting the cart before the horse!
I am using this one with my F1612.
https://www.phasetechnologies.com/pt010

For the software to run it, Summa has their own software you need to use with it. Either SummaFlex Pro or GoProduce.
Are you hardwired directly to the machine or did you have to use a dropdown?

SWP

We also have their ADX series, it's for hard start loads. Their tech support is real good too. We wired ours into a 3 phase subpanel, this way we can always add to it if we have the capacity and need.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Main panel > converter > 3ph subpanel > compressor. It may just be the high leg that is on the subpanel and the rest just pass through from the main panel, I don't recall exactly. There's not much talk on phase converters here but it's real common on wood working and steel fab forums.
I